Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our trip to Reno.

I should've put the photo's in the right order but! Oh well. Lately we went to Reno as a family. Our family now consists of mom, dad, Jake & Michelle. The rest are married or in college. We always liked going to Reno. Oam & I have been there 4 times. The kids remember the hay ride, the all you can eat breakfast which no longer is there. They liked Lake Tahoe. Then there is Virginia City. I've always wanted to do 2 things. Take the steam train & spend the night there. Well the 1st few times there the diesel ran. This time the steam ran & I was able to spend the night.
This photo is with 1 of 9 existing engines of the Virginia & Truckee Railroad. They had 27, 2 numbered twice. 4 are at home in Carson City or Virginia City, 3 in California, 1 in Penn., & 1, the #11 which is the oldest survivor is at the Old Tuscon Studios. This is the #18, the Dayton. It's in a little museum in Virginia City. $ still actually work. The others can but cost is huge.

This next photo is the Silver Queen Hotel. It's suppose to be haunted, Very Haunted. This is were we stayed. I had only a minor incident. The Priesthood help me stop it. This is Jacob in the early AM. We've never seen Virginia City in the AM & the sun hit just right & the camera loved it. Hence early Am is one of the best times to photograph.
This is our room. Back in those days all you got was a bed. The bathroom you could obviously tell was a add on.
This is a picture of our hotel.
The next 2 photo's are AM shots.
This is the Spiro staircase in the Washoe club. It's suppose to be haunted. No one usually go's upstairs. It's condemned. We almost got to go up. The guy didn't show up. That would've been fun. Close!
We are on a ghost hunt. We did one in Gettysburg as a family, except Matthew & we a blast. So, Jake & I went on one in Virginia City. Here we are at the Mackay Mansion. Last time our family been here, with Jeff/Val & kids, along with Oma, we toured the house. I thought we had something when someone said, "Look, the drapes are moving." There are no central heat,air & the windows were closed. Taps?

Here we are in Pypers Opera House. We have a lot of ghost hunter want a bes with their K2 meters saying that there was an "audience" there. Hmmmmmm!

Were going into the Opera house. It was rebuilt for the 3rd time in 1885.
Here we are in Rm. 11. Now this is the most haunted room. Very few people stay here. The lady committed suicide. Taps stayed here & did their thing. The guy in the time period cloths, well, I don't remember him! Just kidding. He works at the visitors center & he wears the cloths to fit the mood.
The Catholic church is being remolded. Pam saw this & we thought it was quit cute.

At the Cemetery I had my photo at the grave of the guy they named the county after. Lyon.

We took a ride on the railroad. But it wasn't the Reading. It was the Virginia & Truckee Railroad. They are rebuilding it again. But, we just rode to Gold Hill 2 miles away.

At Pypers I'm in the box usually reserved for Mackay, one of the Silver Kings. I snuck up there when the tour wasn't looking.
The suicide table 3 known people who lost their fortune on a throw of a dice committed suicide.
The haunted halls of the silver Queen. Our room,19 which faces their main street, is also haunted.
Again, the "Haunted Hall!"
Panning for gold.
The Cemetery.
Whenever we go there we always have to take the tour. Its fun & it seems
like we always learn something. I didn't do the Utah trip cause I had to come home. I can't write about it since I wasn't there. I heard they had a fun time. I miss my kids & grandson.

1 comment:

Jewelia Eagar said...

send me your email if you want so i can invite you to our blog...thank! jeweliajean@hotmail.com