Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer Is Officially Here!!

Not only was yesterday the first day of the summer according to the calendar but it was also the first day our family officially kicked off the season. Chris, Cat, Valerie, Sarah, Laura, Joshua, Ben and I all took advantage of the beautiful weather and spent the afternoon at the McChord AFB swimming pool. This is one of our favorite things to do in the summer and generally the thoughts of spending a summer day at the pool gets us through the cold, dark, wet winters here in the Pacific Northwest.


We had a wonderful time and we can't wait for the next sunny day to go again! Who's in?




4 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

That post was pretty nice until that picture of me - and of all people, I never ended up putting on sunscreen and an a big red turnip right now!! But definitely nice to finally have summer start! - Valerie

Riland and Jamie Duka said...

I hate you guys I wish rexburg had a pool!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh I LOVE summer!!

Sirrine said...

Hooray for summer!!! We love the pool! Thanks for inviting us!